A lot has happened since my last post so I'm going to try to cover everything, but you all know how terrible my memory is.
- We moved! No more tiny kitchen-less shack! We moved up the hill about 15 minutes to the cowboy town of Makawao. We now have a 2 bed/1 bath home with a FULL KITCHEN! There sure is nothing like a hot meal....
- I got a new job. Actually this happened in November, but I don't think I ever said anything about it. I work at a bakery now, and lets just say it is no RaNae's Rolls.
- We did the road to Hana. I don't think we will be doing that again for a long time. (At least not by choice)
- I broke the bus. :( After the road to Hana, I went to the store and there was no oil in it. Goodbye bus engine. Luckily Josh happened to have 2 extra VW engines in his garage! Now the handyman duo is trying to rebuild one of them. Hopefully they can find some time to work on it.
- Santa came early! After our only vehicle was broken, we didn't know what to do, so we were trying to save up some money to buy another maui cruiser. A friend of ours was leaving the island and was trying to sell her car. It was a little out of our price range but she promised she would sell it to us if no one else would buy it. Well, she said she sold it, then she left for the mainland. The next night, we came home to find it parked in our driveway with the message "pay it forward" on the window! She gave us her car! We still can't believe it! We are so lucky and hope to pay it forward to everyone!
- The Millwards (George and LaRae) came to visit. We had so much fun showing them around and giving them a taste of island life.
- My dad came for a visit too. A relaxing week of good eating and playing at the beach!
- We went to the beach a lot. Same old same old
- Norah now has 8 teeth
- She is all over the place!
- She is eating solids and loving it
- She is definitely putting on the weight(the little porker)
- She waves to everyone and everything
- She is just as sweet as ever!
- She loves to play and giggle all day
- She doesn't hate Kate anymore! Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment